Family ARTSventures for March and April have been Postponed. Stay tuned for an updated schedule of events.
The Cultural Arts Council Douglasville/Douglas County presents Family ARTSventures!, a FREE program of live performances for all ages. Along with local public schools, shows are hosted in partnership with the West Georgia Regional Library system at Dog River and Douglasville Public Library branches.
Family ARTSventures! is designed to introduce performers to local public schools with free curricula-based programs. Another free show at a local West Georgia public library follows each school performance. Each show is about an hour long, completely free and shares educational concepts through live entertainment for the whole family.
Winter 2020 Public Performances:
February 15th – J’miah Nabawi at Dog River Library (1:00 pm)
March 28th – Ah Surely Irish Music and Dance at Douglas County Library (10:30 am)
April 4th – Ramatu Afegbua-Sabbatt at Dog River Library (10:30 am)
Please visit our Calendar of Events for a listing of upcoming Family ARTSventures! shows.
Family ARTSventures! is sponsored by a grant from the Georgia Council for the Arts, Greystone Power Foundation, City of Douglasville, Douglas County, Gwyndolyn Parker, and Douglas County Public Schools.
Mark your calendars!
Family ARTSventures! in the news:
- COVID-19 Update (3/16/2020)
- March Family ARTSventure! (2/24/2020)
- FAMILY ARTSventures! J’miah Nabawi “There’s Rhythm in the Telling” (1/28/2020)
- Free & Fun “Family ARTSventures” (1/8/2020)
- CAC Awarded Vibrant Grant (11/21/2019)
- “Atlanta Chinese Dance Company” Free Performance (11/2/2018)
- “Hey! What’s That Sound?” Free Performance (9/14/2018)
- Family ARTSventures: Dave Holland at the DC Library, 2018 (4/12/2018)
- Free Family Concert – Experience the Glass Harp! (10/2/2017)
- Family ArtsVentures! 2017 Lineup Announced (9/3/2017)